Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
May 8th, 2009
Greetings from Ananda Village.
Lisa Powers wrote a wonderful blog post about the open houses at Crystal Hermitage Gardens. It was great to see people from the surrounding area come and enjoy the gardens.
I spent a lot of time in the gardens recently. I have been working on a book of photos of the gardens and was rewarded with a never-ending supply of material. The gardens were spectacular.
I watched as the gardens seemed to gleefully anticipate the two-weekend open house and how mother nature timed the rains to accommodate the 1100 visitors. We had rain before the open house and a very heavy and much needed rain after. During the time of the open houses the gardens seemed especially joyful. The color schemes of the tulips were fantastic, the dogwoods were very lush and the colors combined with the spring sun were so rich and vibrant. I was amazed. Oh… and the fragrances and the sounds of the birds and the rushing of the Yuba River in the distance…
Congratulations to the staff and gardeners at Crystal Hermitage. I complimented Jivada, one of the gardeners once and his reply was: “… just a willing instrument.” He took no personal credit for the beauty of the gardens. It was a lovely example for me of someone trying to live with the thought that God is the doer and the calm joy that results from that effort.
The gardens have matured over the years. The devas – nature spirits – must be very pleased.
I am posting a small collection of photos for you. A couple of them were taken during the open house and one right after the big rain when the sun came back out.
Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus