Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
July 28th, 2009
The format has turned out to be quite powerful. Swamiji generally begins by reading a sloka (verse) of the Gita. He then spends the remaining time explaining Paramhansa Yogananda’s interpretation. Swamiji shares some new stories of his time with our guru and many practical applications of the Bhagavad Gita.
Coincidentally, The Expanding Light is hosting a week-long Bhagavad Gita course. A TV was set up in the Crystal Hermitage dome so the students could watch the videos as they were being recorded. (The 3rd photo.) Swamiji is just downstairs in the little recording studio. (The 2nd photo.)
The first introductory talks are now available here and on YouTube. The rest will be posted one per week. They will be titled based on the content of each segment. For me, posting one per week will be a good frequency. I plan on using each of those postings as my focus for the week. I hope you will tune into these talks.
I have had the great blessing of being present for the 60 shows recorded so far. He is pouring an amazing amount of energy into the them. As always, Swami speaks with depth, devotion and humor. I am so grateful that these talks will be available to everyone via the world wide web! Thank you, Swami Kriyananda.
Another great thing about to happen is the launch of the new Ananda website. Maria Warner, Nabha Cosley and many others have been working heroically to bring us this new site. It promises to be very beautiful and content rich. Thank you everyone who has devoted so much time and talent to this project.
On my last blog post I promised a link to more photos of the 40th Anniversary celebrations. Click here if you would like to see them.
And finally, Spiritual Renewal Week is coming up! There are many inspiring events planned: talks by Swami Kriyananda and other of our best speakers, good food, The Peace Treaty, Sunday Service, and satsang and more! I hope to see you there.