Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
August 15th, 2009
What I am posting today is a bit out of order. Yesterday, Friday, Swamiji spoke to a packed house at the amphitheater at The Expanding Light. His talk was so powerful, devotional and moving that I hope you will all be able to watch it. It is hard for me to put to words what he spoke of or how it felt. But I felt lighter when, after it was over, I trudged up the hill fro the amphitheater with all my equipment. It will be on ananda.org today sometime.
Swamiji’s newly rewritten book, The New Path, arrived at the village the day before and is now available to us all. It promises to be a wonderful book.
The Peace Treaty was performed Wednesday night. Everytime I see it it sounds like a new play, I hear new things each time. This year there were many new actors and it was fun to see how they played their parts. Everyone did an excellent job. I am always amazed at the talents they display—sometimes humorous (hilarious, actually), serious, sweet, and inspiring. The play is so well written. Deep spiritual truths and insights into human behavior are presented in a very entertaining way.
The evening was very majestic. Speaking as a photographer, the light was amazing! The light shining through the trees and the shade cloth made the amphitheater look magical, the evening sun created rich lighting on the actors which highlighted their faces and beautiful costumes. And the sunset during the intermission was astral!
Really, the whole week for me has been a feast of beautiful light and color—maybe it all seems special because the spiritual vibrations are so high. I feel very blessed by this gathering of souls and I feel people from around the world tuning and magnifying this spiritual energy. Thank you all!
I will have more to post soon. I will be thinking of YOU. Blessings to you, Barbara