Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
August 17th, 2009
Oh my. This has been an amazing week. I might be repeating myself, but I also heard it from about everyone I talked to today. I am again posting photos out of order by first putting up just a few from today’s Sunday Service.
Swamiji seemed to bound up the driveway and on to the stage to lead service and give a beautiful talk.
The choir sounded amazing, Dharmadas and Nirmala sang one of my favorite songs, O Master.
One picture shows a group of our young people at the end of a song from The Oratorio. To me the song is so incredibly powerful. It has four distinct parts and was sung so beautifully and the harmonies are so inticate. The singers, from left to right are: Peter Kretzmann, Nabha Cosley, Rose Atwell, and Ania Gorna. It usually makes me cry when I hear it and it did especially today because of their sincerity. Thank you for the devotion that you shared with us.
You can also see in that photo how smokey it is here. There is a large fire nearby (but not a threat to Ananda). There has been a heroic response from the fire fighting community. But, do pray that the fire is extinguished soon.
I am also including in this post a few random shots of some of the speakers. Everyone spoke eloquently and joyfully. We are so blessed to have such inspiration available to all of us. All the talks will (or are available) on ananda.org.
Tomorrow will post photos from the Indian Banquet. It is one of my favorite events to photograph. Bless you all and happy SRW!
Ananda’s singing angels.
Dave Warner, Kriya Minister from Ananda Village
Peter Georing from Ananda Village
Hriman from Seattle
Asha Praver from Palo Alto.
Devi Novak, co-director of Ananda Worldwide, after her inspiring talk.