Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
September 29th, 2009
Greetings everyone. I have spent the day going through over 400 photographs taken this past weekend in Los Angeles. Fortunately for you, I will not be posting all of them. It was a challenge to pick out just a few photos that would hopefully portray what a visually and spiritually beautiful event occurred the past few days in Southern California.
Friday afternoon a large group of volunteers from Ananda Los Angeles and Ananda South Bay gathered to host a talk by Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater in Hollywood. There was such a sweet spirit of cooperation and harmony while preparing and such joy when greeting the over 1000 people that came to see Swamiji.
The event was the official launch of The New Path, Swamiji’s rewrite of The Path. I have a particular fondness for The Path. It was reading this book that answered my soul call for a guru. So I am very grateful to Swamiji and to that book. The New Path so far, is wonderful.
The launch began with a four piece ensemble playing Life is a Quest for Joy. It set the tone for a very devotional evening. Ananda World Brotherhood Choir, again sounding like angels, sang a few numbers as the night sky grew darker and the lighting in the outdoor theater got more colorful and dramatic.
Brook and Sean, the co-directors of Ananda Los Angeles spoke about the growing Ananda community in Southern California. It was a fun moment for me, because Brook is my daughter. I was especially pleased to see all the effort that went into planning begin to blossom into such a beautiful event with blessings that will linger on for many people.
Brook introduced Reverend Michael Beckwith, who in turn gave the introduction of Swamiji. Michael’s talk was very sweet and the prayer he led us all in was quite moving.
Swamiji then took the stage and shared stories of his time with Paramhansa Yogananda. He spoke at length while standing at the microphone. Then he picked up The New Path, sat down, and read from the book. It felt as if everyone snuggled in their seat a bit and relaxed and soaked up Swamiji’s vibration and stories. What a night.
This talk is already on Ananda.org and being watched by hundreds of people. Technology has made the world seem small. Both Dave and I get a real joy out of knowing that our friends and gurubais are with us at these events. This talk felt as if it sowed spiritual seeds in the ether. Swamiji also gave a talk at Forest Lawn, the huge and beautiful cemetery where Master’s body resides. I will share photos from that talk in another post.
And huge thanks to everyone, especially Ananda LA and Ananda South Bay members involved in the planning, and hosting this talk. All the beautiful smiles and joyful work created a inspiring evening for us all.
Bless you all. In Master’s light, Barbara
The four piece ensemble playing before a large crowd.
Ben Skillman (age 16), David Eby, Krishna Dewey, Karen Gamow.
Ananda World Brotherhood Choir
Brook Cassady and Sean Meshorer
Rev. Michael Bernard Beckwith
Our dear, Swamiji sharing Master’s love.