Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
February 19th, 2010
Tulips sprouting at Crystal Hermitage.
If you read my last post you knew I would be writing to you next from India. However, shortly before we were to leave we got one of those phone calls nobody likes to get. A beloved family member passed away.
I went over to one of my favorite places: Crystal Hermitage and found solace in the springlike weather and vibrant greenery. I was completely alone and completely immersed in the stillness of the gardens.
The tulip sprouts were reaching for the sun and all kinds of birds were singing and hopping from tree to tree. The soil was rich and nurturing. I walked up to the Shrine and spent time listening to the wind chimes that seemed to want to remind me to pause and go deep in the sounds and the silence. I offered prayers for people who have written to Ananda for prayers and for friends I knew that were also dealing with loss and trying times. I felt connected to a calm joy. Even the Bhuddha statue seemed to radiate prayers and peace.
Here is a teeny little video (58 seconds) of a few of the sights and sounds in the garden. I hope that it conveys some of the peace I felt. Om Guru. And blessings to you all. Barbara