The Peace Treaty 2010
August 14th, 2010
The Peace Treaty is a three-act play that Swamiji wrote many years ago. And for about the last 10 years it has been a tradition to perform it during Spiritual Renewal Week. I know that for the actors and viewers alike, with each performance the play offers some new pearls of wisdom. The play in an entertaining way, presents the teachings and blends wisdom and humor with ease. I am always struck by the Swami’s wonderful use of the english language and how understandable and poeticly he can share deep truths.
Swamiji arrived and greeted a few friends, then settled in to enjoy watching The Peace Treaty come to life.
It started off quite dramatically, with a battle scene as part of the preshow that gave the background of the play.
And then… the scene we all look forward to… Slash, parry, slash parry. And one by one the soldiers took stage.
I am amazed at the talent of our Ananda actors. There were a few new actors, and some who took on new roles. It was fun to see Nabha transition from playing serious and thoughtful Ponder to the eccentric Baltan of clan Emerald.
The play is often profound and often hilarious.
The play contrasts good and noble qualities with bad qualities. Lord Crystar and Gazella display qualities that are to be aspired too.
The bad guys are convincingly played by some of the nicest men you could ever want to meet. They seem to enjoy playing these roles, as much as Swamiji said he enjoyed writing the roles. He laughs when he describes how absurd these Lords are when trying to preserve their domains.
There is love and music.
There are wise hermits and free and joyful spirits.
There are lessons to be learned.
And a very happy ending.
Swami Kriyananda, the playwright was honored and obviously happy with the performance.
And Swamiji honored Devaki, the director and one of characters, and the cast with a bouquet of flowers to thank them for their deep commitment to the play and its message. Thank you all for your wonderful and joyful performance and your dedication to The Peace Treaty.
Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus