Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Peace Day 2007
September 25th, 2007
September 21, 2001 was a day unanimously adopted by the UN as an international day of peace. Ananda Village joined in spirit with people the world over by dedicating our prayers and positive affirmation toward world peace.
We supported Peace Day by filling our day with prayer, meditation, focused healing energy and joyful chanting.
The day began with Lisa Powers leading our morning community meditation at Hansa Temple. She concluded the meditation by leading us in a profound visualization and prayer for peace and harmony throughout the world.
Mary Kretzmann, the director of Ananda’s Healing Prayer Ministry led a healing prayer intensive and meditation to a small group at The Expanding Light Temple. Mary taught Paramhansa Yogananda’s healing techniques then led visualizations using maps and globes of our planet to help focus our prayer intensity and direct it to different areas of the world. It was a very powerful session.
The evening program at Crystal Hermitage was a very special event. Our teenage kirtan group, White Light, led a very inspiring kirtan (chanting session) which was attended by many members of Ananda Village. Several members of the group took turns leading the chanting. It was wonderful to see these young people with such poise lead us all in an evening of devotional chanting.
I am in the Chicago (where my husband Dave is attending a conference) We walked around Chicago on Sunday and I noticed on a church bulletin board a sign encouraging people to attend their Peace Day observance held on the same day. I was reminded that all over the world there are many, many people who pray and believe that through prayer we can have a positive affect on our planet.
It is sometimes easy to be fearful or discouraged when the evening news is filled with the reports of war and violence. It is those times we should try to very consciously offer ourselves into the light of God and see that light spreading throughout the world.
The Healing Prayer Ministry shares the techniques given to us by Yogananda to bring healing energy into the lives of our loved ones, and to bring light more strongly into the world. By consciously tuning into this light and try to feel it strongly in our lives we will be comforted and be part of a wave of peace.