Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Fall at Ananda
November 21st, 2007
It has been a very pretty fall season here at Ananda. We got alot of rain off and on and then in between the mild storms we have had beautiful sunshine and clouds. The mix of rain and sunshine brought a little green back to our brown summer landscapes.
We then had a strolling kirtan (walked and chanted) throughout their home and into each of the rooms holding photos of the Masters, candles, and incense. We did this to consciously ask for the presence of God and Guru in their home and in all aspects of their lives.
During the meditation (I admit) I opened my eyes and looked around at my fellow disciples and felt very grateful and blessed to be with these people and part of this simple joyful event.
I also felt grateful for these practical, but profound teachings that can spiritualize daily life and bring God’s love into even the simplest of daily activities. Creating and maintaining a home, preparing meals, being with or helping friends and family, or working at our jobs and our worship all become connected and all become a vehicle to bring us closer to God and more aware of the Guru’s presence in our lives.
I left the house blessing with a quiet recommitment to feel that my Guru is with me in all that I do during the day. And when I forget…, I just try to remember again.
The last photo is Monday’s sunset. Wow. This was also taken at the “ridge.”
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. May God and Guru bless you.