Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
June 21st, 2008
What a beautiful day! The newly refurbished amphitheater was all decked out with flowers, flags and a new and larger shade cloth. The seats were filled to capacity. Swami’s talk was deep and inspiring. Who could ask for more?
Wow. Friday (yesterday) was a big day at Ananda and The Expanding Light. It was beautiful to see friends, new and old, from all over the world here to celebrate Swami Kriyananda’s birthday. Actually, his birthday was last month (May 19th), but we wanted to celebrate with him here. The choir, composed of singers from all the colonies, sang for us all so wonderfully.
I won’t say much in this post. I want to share photos from yesterday. Be sure to check out the streaming video and the live feed schedule and see these events for yourself. Swamiji’s talk in the morning was so inspiring and his play, Jewel in the Lotus, performed in the evening, in my opinion, is perfectly written. I love the humor and how it portrays our longing for God, at all levels.
Today, will be a class with a panel of speakers, this afternoon we will be at Crystal Hermitage for an open house. Dave, my husband, will video both these events, so if you can’t watch the live feed you can stream the video later. I love knowing that we are all connected (in spirit and technology) and can share in the blessings of this special weekend.
Blessings to you all, from Ananda Village!
In Joy, Barbara