Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
June 23rd, 2008
What a fantastic weekend. I hardly have words to describe the joyful gatherings at The Expanding Light and at the Crystal Hermitage.
On Saturday morning there was a panel of speakers: Jyotish from the village, Dhyana from India, Hriman from Seattle, Asha from Palo Alto and Devi from the village. The insights about and experiences with Swami Kriyananda that were shared were inspiring indeed. I realized again that Swami has not only given his life to God he gave it to us.
Listening to the stories about his dedication to spreading Yoganada’s light throughout the world and to his dedication to establishing world brotherhood colonies filled me with awe. He is our divine friend.
The video will be up for you to listen to soon.
The afternoon was also very special. Hundreds of people filled the Crystal Hermitage lower gardens. Swamiji spoke briefly in the Crystal Hermitage dome and then came outside (in the heat) to deliver a very beautiful talk.
Just before Swami came outside there was a brief little thunderstorm, we didn’t really get any rain but the electricity was knocked out. He had to speak without a microphone. He spoke strongly and everyone there was able to hear him. The choir and orchestra provided beautiful music and Swamiji sang 3 songs! There was yummy cake and great satsang. Swamiji for a brief time blessed people who came up to him.
I hope you enjoy the photos from this beautiful day. (I will post photos from Sunday Service separately.)
Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus