“There is joy in the heavens”
July 12th, 2008
It has been an amazing few weeks at Ananda Village.
Naturally, having Swamiji here is a real blessing. You have already heard alot about Swamiji’s birthday celebrations and probably heard the talks on the internet. His Sunday Service talk was wonderful.
I have two groups of photos to share with you to show some other fun things happening here.
This year we have had several groups of pilgrims visiting us here at the Village!
First, there was a group from India. Their tour was led by Daya and Keshava. They visited Los Angeles to meditate at Yogananda’s shrines, spent a few days at the Palo Alto and Sacramento communities. They came to Ananda and spent time at The Expanding Light and visited each of the different departments at the Village to see how our community operates.
Having everyone here was an honor and great fun. I have photos here for you to see. It was a lovely night, we ate lots of pizza and had interesting conversation. Dave and Maria Warner, our next door neighbors, joined us.
Our Ananda family from India is beautiful and dedicated. Thank you for sharing your evening with us!
The second set of photos for you is from our July 4th celebration. Ananda Village hosts an afternoon event that includes a parade, games, music and this year some very inspiring talks.
There were several other groups of pilgrims with us. This time from all over Europe and Mexico. It was wonderful!
I was so inspired to see how big and diverse and dedicated our Ananda family is.
The choir sang international songs written by Swami Kriyananda. Swamiji gave a brief talk and then representatives from the groups of pilgrims spoke. They gave beautiful and sincere talks sometimes through an interpreter. I found myself smiling so much that my cheeks were tired. Yogananda’s teachings and joy are literally all over the world. Again, I was honored being in the presence of these great souls who represent and share the teachings with such dedication.
One fun moment came when all the pilgrims began to gather around Swamiji at his table for a group photo. I climbed on the stage and sneaked a few of my own group shots. Looking at these photos impressed me. All those happy faces! (This photo reminded me of Swamiji’s song “There’s joy in the heavens, a smile on the mountains, melody sings everywhere…)
Next week I will travel with Dave to Palo Alto and then to Los Angeles to record the events that are scheduled there. I will share them with you on this blog.
I set up a little gallery so you can view more photos than I can post here. If you are interested in seeing more photos from the birthday weekend and the July 4th event click here.
Next week I will post to this same gallery.
I hope all is well in your world. God Bless you all.
Barbara, from Ananda Village
Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2015
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus