The Peace Treaty 2008
August 16th, 2008
This year’s production of the Peace Treaty was magical. The newly renovated amphitheater was very welcoming, the costumes were better than ever, and the lighting highlighted the beauty of the backdrop and the commitment of the actors.
Each of the actors has made the part they played their own. It has been very fun to watch their characters evolve over the years.
Contained within the plot of the play are the teachings of this path. Every year I hear something new. Devaki, the director said that this was the 10th year in a row that it has been performed. Boy, time flies. It is quite a feat to keep the spirit of the play so fresh and expansive over the years.
Swamiji was very pleased with everything about the performance as you can guess from the photos I am posting.
Swamiji gave a great class Friday and last night was a Kriya initiation.
There were three levels of initiation offered: First Kriya (at Hansa Temple), second Kriya (at the Meditation Retreat), and third Kriya (at the amphitheater). Dave Warner gave the second Kriya initiation. He said that 350 people last night were attending Kriya initiations. What an amazing thought! Paramhansa Yogananda must be pleased to see all of us rededicate ourselves to the path of Kriya yoga.
Driving back from the Meditation Retreat we were treated to a beautiful sunset and huge full moon. It really added to the magic of the evening.
This has been quite a week. I have been getting email from you (which I really appreciate!) so I know that worldwide we are all spreading light by tuning into this event.
Bless you all!
Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2015
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus