Posts from Barbara Bingham
- Going on Pilgrimage Everyday
- Inner Renewal for Twenty Eleven
- Happy New Year 2011
- Christ Lives Oratorio in Los Angeles
- A Weekend at Ananda LA
- Harvest Day 2010
- Ananda Los Angeles
- The Peace Treaty 2010
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2010
- July 4th Celebration Photo Album
- Seeking the Light
- Delighted, no end…
- Cold Hands, Warm Heart
- Celebrating Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi 2010
- God’s Plans
- Inner Renewal Week 2010
- Springtime at Ananda
- Swami Kriyananda at Forest Lawn
- Swami Kriyananda at the Ford Theater
- 61 Years of Discipleship
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Part 4: The Banquet
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.3
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.2
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2009, Pt.1
- An Ananda Wedding
- The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
- July 4th Celebration, part 2
- 4th of July Weekend Celebration Pt. 1
- Gearing Up for a Special Summer
- Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Fall at Ananda 2008
- An Afternoon of Gratitude
- Happy Anniversary, Swamiji!
- A Wonderful Week at Ananda
- The Peace Treaty 2008
- The Talks!
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008, Evening Concert
- Spiritual Renewal Week 2008
- Thank you, Los Angeles!
- Thank you, Palo Alto!
- Swami Kriyananda Speaks in the Bay Area
- Christ Lives
- “There is joy in the heavens”
- Sunday Service with Swami Kriyananda
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration #2
- Swami Kriyananda’s birthday celebration #1
- Swami Kriyananda Arrives at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda is back in the U.S.
- Lots of Fun Things
- Where there is love there is peace…
- World Brotherhood Day
- Fall at Ananda
- Spiritual Music
- Peace Day 2007
- Babaji Krishna Celebration
- Spiritual Renewal Week
- Evenings at Ananda
- The Jewel in the Lotus
A Wonderful Week at Ananda
August 18th, 2008
Wow. What a week! Spiritual Renewal Week 2008 was probably the biggest event we have ever had.
We had hundreds of guests at the village and The Expanding Light and we must have had hundreds of people helping put on the events. It was quite amazing how everything came together, it is true: Many Hands Make a Miracle.
I don’t think it is at all possible to list everyone that deserves thanks for contributing toward this week of bliss because it would include everyone!
The week concluded with an Indian Banquet in The Expanding Light Piazza. We got to dress up in our Indian outfits and relax and visit with our friends.
We we served delicious Indian food and beverages. We had a few songs from the choir and soloists that left most of us in tears. Dambara from Palo Alto sang the first song Swamiji wrote, Farther Away than the Stars. Aaron sang Swamiji’s latest song, Love is a Magician.
It got dark, so I wasn’t able get a photo of Swamiji speaking. He spoke briefly but, very sincerely about his life of discipleship. Just before that Sri Kaarthikeyan spoke. He is a close friend of Swamiji’s and spent the week visiting our homes and businesses. Everyone who had the pleasure of spending time with Sri Kaarthikeyan this week felt honored by is visit and his friendship. During his talk he stated that Ananda, with its joy and harmony, is a true miracle….
The week concluded with Sunday Service. Unfortunately, Swamiji wasn’t feeling well and could not give the service.
Jyotish and Devi gave the service which was so beautiful. At this moment, I can’t even remember what they said (it will be on the web soon) but it was such a fitting end to the week. My husband and I looked at each other and we both admitted to feeling transformed.
The service ended with sending out waves of blessing into the world. There were lots of hugs afterward as we all prepared to head out and back into our daily life. And even here, (as Jyotish said) we have to return to daily life and the challenge is how to keep the inspiration of this week with us always.
Bharat quoted someone’s prayer in his talk. It was “Lord, bless me that if I forget you, you won’t forget me.” It is so simple and humble and sweet.
The devotion and inspiration that we have all shared this week, whether we were here or tuning in from around the world, will bless us over and over. And if we forget God in our daily life all we have to do is to stop and remember that our Guru, Paramhansa Yogananda, loves us and he won’t forget us.
Celebrations at Ananda will continue through September when we honor Swami Kriyananda’s 60th year as a disciple of our Guru.
Please pray for Swamiji, visualize him in light, see him strong and vital as he continues to share his bliss with all of us.
Bless you all!
P.S. To see more photos click here.