Posts from David Eby
- The Light and the Bushel
- Also Starring God (as Himself)
- The Moments that Changed Everything
- The Fine Balance of Health and Lifestyle
- The Meditation Experiment
- The Better Devotees: Cats or Dogs?
- Sharing the Inner Presence of Ananda
- Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
- Day 4 on the set
- Day 3 on the set of Cities of Light
- Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
- Day 1 on the Set of Cities of Light
- An Extraodinary Meeting
- The Oratorio Experience
- Renunciation, Poverty Consciousness, and True Prosperity
- An Experiment in Unmitigated Happiness
- Untangling My Karma
- Contentment vs. Complacency
- The Spiritual Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Ananda Christmas Album Preview
- 33 Songs on Video!
- “Never despair, joy’s everywhere…”
- Spiritual Renewal Week Concert, 2011
- Caitlin and the Newborn Fawn
- Bliss in the Midst of Fatigue
- Honoring Good Friday in Dwapara Yuga
- “Open Your Heart to Me…”
- Master’s Market: A true test of community
- A Time of Awakening
- Resonating with Swami Kriyananda
- Leading With Joy
- The Surprising Consequence of Negativity
- Backstage with Swami Kriyananda
- Monday’s Concert
- Chanting Is Half the Battle
- “If you want to get to know me…”
- What Kind of Christians Are We?
- Inner Renewal Week Concert Recordings
- Musical Gems from a Blessed Month
- Living for God…with a Family
- 16 Yogis in an Elevator
- God God God
- O, Master
- Life Mantra
- “Eyes Filled with Divine Love”
- The Sacred Art of Singing
- Winter Renewal Week
- The Choice of Realities
- Tuesday’s Recording Session
- Overcoming a Karmic Bomb
- Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
- Living Wisdom School Christmas Concert
- Inner Awakenings: a Concert
- An Evening with St. Francis
- School Begins!
- The Spirit within the Music
- Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
- Entering the Aura of Swami Kriyananda
Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
August 4th, 2007
Last month I had the honor to be the audio engineer during Swami Kriyananda’s recording of the Revelations of Christ audio book.
To hear him read the book, which he calls his best-written, was an experience in eloquence. The book covers subjects of science and Christianity that so badly need to be addressed in our times.
I wanted to share with you a glimpse of the recording process. Every morning Swamiji would come in promptly at 10:00, overflowing with energy and enthusiasm, ready to begin. He would sit in the small, stuffy recording booth, and read hour after hour with such inflection and feeling that each word of the book was truly brought to life.
If any of you have trouble recording phone greeting messages, or have ever had to record anything, you know how difficult it can be to read all the words correctly and give them the right inflection and emphasis.
Now imagine doing so with sight impediment! Swamiji at 81, had a lack of focus in one eye during the sessions (which has since been remedied). You would think that with his eye condition, a book of some 450 pages would take weeks to record. He finished it in about 4 and a half days!
If you have ever been in his presence, you know how much energy he can channel. It can be quite a challenge to keep up with him. Often during these sessions I would wonder how long I could continue – you really notice how badly some chairs are designed, when you are sitting in one hour after hour without moving!
I was amazed at how Swamiji would continue working without needing to stop. Thankfully, I discovered that I too could tap into the flow of energy that sustained him, which gave me a glimpse of what he himself must be feeling.
Whenever we are challenged by others to put out more energy (as I’ve encountered in countless orchestra rehearsals with emblazoned conductors), we always have the opportunity to say yes! It may be challenging to those of us who are quite comfortable in our easy chairs of life, but what a thrill it is to fly with Divine Energy.
Swamiji would stop after perhaps 3 hours of recording. He would show no exhaustion, but was filled with the energy and consciousness that permeate the book. Those of us who were in the studio could testify to the power of something much greater taking place, than merely the words being vocalized.
My hope is that after reading this post you will feel inspired to read the book, or listen to it. MP3 CDs are available now through Crystal Clarity Publishers, and will soon be available through iTunes.