Posts from David Eby
- Wishing You a Noble New Year
- The Light and the Bushel
- Also Starring God (as Himself)
- The Moments that Changed Everything
- The Fine Balance of Health and Lifestyle
- The Meditation Experiment
- The Better Devotees: Cats or Dogs?
- Sharing the Inner Presence of Ananda
- Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
- Day 4 on the set
- Day 3 on the set of Cities of Light
- Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
- Day 1 on the Set of Cities of Light
- An Extraodinary Meeting
- The Oratorio Experience
- Renunciation, Poverty Consciousness, and True Prosperity
- An Experiment in Unmitigated Happiness
- Untangling My Karma
- Contentment vs. Complacency
- The Spiritual Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Ananda Christmas Album Preview
- 33 Songs on Video!
- “Never despair, joy’s everywhere…”
- Spiritual Renewal Week Concert, 2011
- Caitlin and the Newborn Fawn
- Bliss in the Midst of Fatigue
- Honoring Good Friday in Dwapara Yuga
- “Open Your Heart to Me…”
- Master’s Market: A true test of community
- A Time of Awakening
- Resonating with Swami Kriyananda
- Leading With Joy
- The Surprising Consequence of Negativity
- Backstage with Swami Kriyananda
- Monday’s Concert
- Chanting Is Half the Battle
- “If you want to get to know me…”
- What Kind of Christians Are We?
- Inner Renewal Week Concert Recordings
- Musical Gems from a Blessed Month
- Living for God…with a Family
- 16 Yogis in an Elevator
- God God God
- O, Master
- Life Mantra
- “Eyes Filled with Divine Love”
- The Sacred Art of Singing
- Winter Renewal Week
- The Choice of Realities
- Tuesday’s Recording Session
- Overcoming a Karmic Bomb
- Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
- Living Wisdom School Christmas Concert
- Inner Awakenings: a Concert
- An Evening with St. Francis
- School Begins!
- The Spirit within the Music
- Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
- Entering the Aura of Swami Kriyananda
Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
July 29th, 2012
Good morning! So here we are in Crystal Hermitage dining room, where we come first thing for makeup and wardrobe. Here is Sarah Kreutz on the left, wardrobe director, and Elisabeth Granli on the right, who is here from LA to assist Elisabeth Rohm during the filming.
This morning we will be shooting a “point of view” shot as we enter Crystal Hermitage grounds, up by the double doors, which we established yesterday.This shot was done by a steady-cam, mounted on a very strong gentlemen with the yogic task of keeping the camera perfectly steady. Each scene will have multiple shots, requiring shifting of cameras, lighting, screens, shades, and reflectors. Next time you watch a video, notice how many shots go by, as the focus changes from view to view.
Next up is a shot of meeting Lalita at the entrance to the door. Lalita, nervous as I was at first, is doing beautifully.
Then we go down to Swami’s private garden for a few more shots and questions, and his lip syncing Go On Alone, which we recorded in Los Angeles 5 weeks ago. We recorded him first to get the best possible quality sound, as we did with the choir.
After filming that scene, I got to sit at the table, where they spent at least half an hour setting up lights and cameras for close up reaction shots from me, as well as me playing guitar to Swami’s singing. Quite a show, seeing a dozen people shuffling around you, moving massive pieces of machinery.
Now we are back filming Narayani and Juliet (Elisabeth Rohm) speaking about Swami’s busy schedule and how she came to Ananda. Narayani is a complete natural, as you might imagine.
Yesterday was filled with the excitement of something new, and as the honeymoon period ends and challenges and fatigue levels start to rise, it is really gratifying to see this crew of dozens move with efficiency, grace, and courtesy. It can feel like an invasion of people, but the integration seems to be working really well. They have truly put together a excellent team, and I’ll be introducing more of them in the days ahead.