Posts from David Eby
- Wishing You a Noble New Year
- The Light and the Bushel
- Also Starring God (as Himself)
- The Moments that Changed Everything
- The Fine Balance of Health and Lifestyle
- The Meditation Experiment
- The Better Devotees: Cats or Dogs?
- Sharing the Inner Presence of Ananda
- Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
- Day 4 on the set
- Day 3 on the set of Cities of Light
- Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
- Day 1 on the Set of Cities of Light
- An Extraodinary Meeting
- The Oratorio Experience
- Renunciation, Poverty Consciousness, and True Prosperity
- An Experiment in Unmitigated Happiness
- Untangling My Karma
- Contentment vs. Complacency
- The Spiritual Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Ananda Christmas Album Preview
- 33 Songs on Video!
- “Never despair, joy’s everywhere…”
- Spiritual Renewal Week Concert, 2011
- Caitlin and the Newborn Fawn
- Bliss in the Midst of Fatigue
- Honoring Good Friday in Dwapara Yuga
- “Open Your Heart to Me…”
- Master’s Market: A true test of community
- A Time of Awakening
- Resonating with Swami Kriyananda
- Leading With Joy
- The Surprising Consequence of Negativity
- Backstage with Swami Kriyananda
- Monday’s Concert
- Chanting Is Half the Battle
- “If you want to get to know me…”
- What Kind of Christians Are We?
- Inner Renewal Week Concert Recordings
- Musical Gems from a Blessed Month
- Living for God…with a Family
- 16 Yogis in an Elevator
- God God God
- O, Master
- Life Mantra
- “Eyes Filled with Divine Love”
- The Sacred Art of Singing
- Winter Renewal Week
- The Choice of Realities
- Tuesday’s Recording Session
- Overcoming a Karmic Bomb
- Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
- Living Wisdom School Christmas Concert
- Inner Awakenings: a Concert
- An Evening with St. Francis
- School Begins!
- The Spirit within the Music
- Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
- Entering the Aura of Swami Kriyananda
Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
August 2nd, 2012
If this film doesn’t express the highest vibration, I don’t know if anything possibly could.
I’ve just come from the ridge where they filmed our two professional dancers, Mirabai Deranja and Christopher Selbie, dancing to Life Is a Dream, choreographed by Lori Van Atta. The sun was setting behind them, creating a beautiful blend of light, shadow, grace, and landscape.
The dance was alive with the inner meaning and vibration of the song:
Life is a dream, time like a stream,
carries our burdens away.
Never despair, joy’s everywhere,
love can befriend you today.
Free from all care like birds on the air,
Soar above grief and worry: seek joy and be gay!
Often on earth things of great worth worldly ambition defy;
Sometimes a friend helps us ascend
Up from life’s cares to the sky.
Love is a star: though shining afar,
It can guide us and help us toward light to draw nigh.
The dancers, who grew up at Ananda, innately know how to express higher consciousness instead of ego through their art. The combination of their performance with the music and setting brought tears of joy to my eyes. I must confess that I am not yet able to live 100% open to God’s omnipresent love yet, but throughout their performance I had no doubt whatsoever of His divine presence. My sincere belief is that those who see this movie will also feel at least a little of that power.
Finally, the three in charge of setting up the scene – Dave Bunge, gaffer, in charge of everything electrical on the set; Ted Nicolaou, the director; and Andy Strahorn, Director of Photography. Truly a great team to see in action, working in harmony with one another to bring the vision of the film.
Thank you to all who are contributing and investing in your time, skills, and money – this movie truly can help change the world. This will be my last post on A Place Called Ananda, but you can continue to look for my blogs on the movie website and the facebook page for The Ananda Movie. It has been a joy to share with you!