Posts from David Eby
- The Light and the Bushel
- Also Starring God (as Himself)
- The Moments that Changed Everything
- The Fine Balance of Health and Lifestyle
- The Meditation Experiment
- The Better Devotees: Cats or Dogs?
- Sharing the Inner Presence of Ananda
- Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
- Day 4 on the set
- Day 3 on the set of Cities of Light
- Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
- Day 1 on the Set of Cities of Light
- An Extraodinary Meeting
- The Oratorio Experience
- Renunciation, Poverty Consciousness, and True Prosperity
- An Experiment in Unmitigated Happiness
- Untangling My Karma
- Contentment vs. Complacency
- The Spiritual Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Ananda Christmas Album Preview
- 33 Songs on Video!
- “Never despair, joy’s everywhere…”
- Spiritual Renewal Week Concert, 2011
- Caitlin and the Newborn Fawn
- Bliss in the Midst of Fatigue
- Honoring Good Friday in Dwapara Yuga
- “Open Your Heart to Me…”
- Master’s Market: A true test of community
- A Time of Awakening
- Resonating with Swami Kriyananda
- Leading With Joy
- The Surprising Consequence of Negativity
- Backstage with Swami Kriyananda
- Monday’s Concert
- Chanting Is Half the Battle
- “If you want to get to know me…”
- What Kind of Christians Are We?
- Inner Renewal Week Concert Recordings
- Musical Gems from a Blessed Month
- Living for God…with a Family
- 16 Yogis in an Elevator
- God God God
- O, Master
- Life Mantra
- “Eyes Filled with Divine Love”
- The Sacred Art of Singing
- Winter Renewal Week
- The Choice of Realities
- Tuesday’s Recording Session
- Overcoming a Karmic Bomb
- Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
- Living Wisdom School Christmas Concert
- Inner Awakenings: a Concert
- An Evening with St. Francis
- School Begins!
- The Spirit within the Music
- Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
- Entering the Aura of Swami Kriyananda
Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
May 15th, 2008
I’m in the midst of preparations for our final Ananda Concert Series program, entitled Ananda Classics. We’ll be performing on Saturday night, May 17th, at 7:30 PM at the Crystal Hermitage, surrounded by the beauty of the gardens.
This will be the first time in nearly twenty years that Swami’s String Quartet will be performed in its entirety, comprised of four movements based on songs of Shakespeare. I’ll be joined by Ramesha and Krishnabai (violins), and Ben Skillman (cello). Swami has often spoke of how he wrote his String Quartet, giving the melody to each of the instruments in turn, providing each with an opportunity to shine.
Also on the program will be Amrita, for flute and keyboard, The Divine Romance, Swami’s Piano Sonata performed by Mukti Deranja, and I, Omar, featuring Bhagavati on flute, backed by the lush string section.
The final piece will be Life Is the Quest for Joy, featuring 3 violins, 3 cellos, and our dear friend, Steve D’Amico on string bass, from the San Francisco Opera Orchestra. This is one of Swami’s greatest masterpieces, which always takes the audience into a very deep awareness of the Divine. In fact, it is this piece that best teaches me how I should live my life, as it naturally expands my consciousness and opens my heart. I merely have to think of the melodies for my energy to rise in my spine.
We are all overwhelmingly grateful for the opportunity to attune ourselves with the Divine Inspiration that has flowed so beautifully through Swamiji, and in this, his birthday weekend, wish to offer this opportunity for our audience to tangibly feel his presence.