Posts from David Eby
- The Light and the Bushel
- Also Starring God (as Himself)
- The Moments that Changed Everything
- The Fine Balance of Health and Lifestyle
- The Meditation Experiment
- The Better Devotees: Cats or Dogs?
- Sharing the Inner Presence of Ananda
- Day 5 of filming Cities of Light
- Day 4 on the set
- Day 3 on the set of Cities of Light
- Cities of Light Day 2 of filming
- Day 1 on the Set of Cities of Light
- An Extraodinary Meeting
- The Oratorio Experience
- Renunciation, Poverty Consciousness, and True Prosperity
- An Experiment in Unmitigated Happiness
- Untangling My Karma
- Contentment vs. Complacency
- The Spiritual Benefits of Juice Fasting
- Ananda Christmas Album Preview
- 33 Songs on Video!
- “Never despair, joy’s everywhere…”
- Spiritual Renewal Week Concert, 2011
- Caitlin and the Newborn Fawn
- Bliss in the Midst of Fatigue
- Honoring Good Friday in Dwapara Yuga
- “Open Your Heart to Me…”
- Master’s Market: A true test of community
- A Time of Awakening
- Resonating with Swami Kriyananda
- Leading With Joy
- The Surprising Consequence of Negativity
- Backstage with Swami Kriyananda
- Monday’s Concert
- Chanting Is Half the Battle
- “If you want to get to know me…”
- What Kind of Christians Are We?
- Inner Renewal Week Concert Recordings
- Musical Gems from a Blessed Month
- Living for God…with a Family
- 16 Yogis in an Elevator
- God God God
- O, Master
- Life Mantra
- “Eyes Filled with Divine Love”
- The Sacred Art of Singing
- Winter Renewal Week
- The Choice of Realities
- Tuesday’s Recording Session
- Overcoming a Karmic Bomb
- Ananda Concert Series – Grande Finale
- Living Wisdom School Christmas Concert
- Inner Awakenings: a Concert
- An Evening with St. Francis
- School Begins!
- The Spirit within the Music
- Recording Revelations of Christ Audio Book
- Entering the Aura of Swami Kriyananda
Also Starring God (as Himself)
August 4th, 2013
Last weekend marked the culmination of an extraordinary year as over 700 people filled the Del Oro Theater in Grass Valley, California to watch the debut screening of the film Finding Happiness.
Once inside the theater I found myself in heaven as I greeted friend after friend in the joyous anticipation of the event. I was so drunk with bliss as the film began that I immediately felt God as the first scenes lit up the screen.
Last June I attended the first meeting with Swami Kriyananda, Elisabeth Rohm, Shivani (our fealess producer), Ted Nicolaou, and myself. After meeting with Swami Kriyananda I was suddenly overwhelmed by a Divine Presence. The courtyard was filled with an energy that immediately stilled my breath and drew me into a deep stillness in which I felt a tremendously expansive field of energy.
I knew better than to get exuberant and overexcited. I detached myself from the group to absorb and chronicle in my heart and memory as much of this bliss as I could, knowing that I would need to draw from it later.
I was in the right place. I had found the Divine Source from which to work and draw inspiration, and boy did I need it. Throughout the filmmaking I was in uncharted territory that challenged me on a daily basis. In every scene, whether speaking or not, I tried to resonate with and radiate that seminal inspiration.
When they asked if I could possibly produce the musical score, I went into meditation with considerable apprehension. Again God was there in a very very deep way, stilling my breath, bringing my body into a deep calmness. Yes, this was meant to be my responsibility. Later that day, I got an email from a friend in England introducing me to his film scoring friend, David Shannon, who would love to offer his services for the movie. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
This past February I spent three days recording the soundtrack at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley. Not only were we moved and guided in miraculous ways during the process, but as I drove home the presence of God filled me with a calmness so complete that I could only sit back and confess that I really couldn’t take sole credit for what we accomplished.
So God is all over this movie. I have felt it. I have lived it.
If and when you see this movie and experience an expansiveness that fills your heart with hope, with love, know that what you are feeling is real. It is the Spirit that inhabits Ananda, graces my life and is simply waiting to be discovered by true Happiness Seekers everywhere.