Posts from Guest Authors
- Reminiscences of Swami Kriyananda
- The Joymasters Experiment
- Expanding Love in Marriage
- Swamiji’s Living Presence
- Seclusion is the Price of Greatness
- Stubborn as a Mule
- Learning To Give
- A Day On The Farm
- Trail of Beauty
- Learning to Love God 10 Times a Minute!
- Sign Me Up!
- God Cares More Than We Imagine
- Highlights from Ananda Farm Apprentices at Ananda Village
- The Joy of Living in Community: An Interview with Melody West
- Young Adults of Ananda: An Interview with Kamran Matlock
- News of Swami Kriyananda
- Who Was Mary?
- Take Two: Shooting Videos with Swami Kriyananda
- News of Ananda Pune, India
- “The Channel Is Blessed…”
- Swami Kriyananda at the Yoga Festival in Rome
- Launch of Original Autobiography of a Yogi in Italian
- Ananda Kriya Retreat in Massachusetts
- Master, I Love You Alone
- Retreat with Swami Kriyananda at Ananda India, Pune
- Through the Grace of God
- Building Ananda in Mexico
- Thanksgiving Letter from Paramhansa Yogananda
- A Precious Gift
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration in Assisi, Italy
- Crystal Hermitage Gardens Tour
- Ananda India Youth Campout and Retreat
- Ananda Community in India
- Joy Is Within You: Ananda Village Entry Sign
- My Visit to Ananda Village
- A Tale of Three Villages
- Revelations of Christ Book Launch in Rome
- It Was A Dark And Stormy Night
- Ananda’s Spanish Ministry
- Sweet Seclusion
- Treasures Along The Path Talk-of-the-Month Club
- Ananda Solar Technologies
- Japanese Embrace Ananda
- Spirituality in Education
- The Man Behind the Camera
- Back to School: Ananda’s Education for Life System
- The Miracle of Ananda Seattle Temple of Light
- The Miracle of Ananda Sacramento Mandir
News of Ananda Pune, India
November 10th, 2010
Our progress here in the Pune community has been steady these past weeks. We hosted two retreats in October: one for future residents, and one to celebrate All Saints Day: “How to Become a Saint.”
All the members of Ananda Pune put out a lot of effort to make both retreats wonderful. The weekend for future residents was lots of fun: people were able to see the upcoming building site for their flats, and the view their particular apartment will have. We had a satsang under the mango trees; we will build around them, so that they aren’t disturbed.
The peace and quiet were tangible, and the blessing ceremony at the site was filled with Master’s presence. At last! A World Brotherhood Colony is manifesting in Ygananda’s beloved homeland…
Afterward we visited Bangalore for a weekend of programs with the devotees there. Aditya, Shurjo, Shrutika, and Katyayani taught many segments of the classes, and it was wonderful to see Indians sharing Master’s teachings so beautifully.
Our “How to Become a Saint” retreat featured classes with Nayaswamis Jaya, Nirmala and Dharmadas, a kirtan with Ananda monks, delicious meals, service projects in the garden, and lots of time to enjoy nature.
In November we will celebrate the seventh anniversary of Ananda India. Amazing! By God’s grace Ananda India has been changing lives and spreading the blessing of Kriya Yoga for 7 years! JAI GURU!
We will soon open two stores! Our Indian devotees have formed a business cooperative, and rented two storefronts in Karoude, a small town about 3 km away.One store will be called “Fruits of Ananda,” and will offer coffee, ice cream, soft drinks, delicacies, and our Ananda books. It will eventually have products made by the community businesses (like mango chutney!), and will also be like a smaller version of our Wishing Tree store near Ananda Gurgaon center in the north of India.
The other storefront will be a medical clinic and chemist shop run by Dr. Aditya.
Rather than being out on the land, as we had originally thought, the clinic will now be in a more central location, and can serve more people. It will be very good for Ananda to have a presence “in town.”
The two storefronts are on the road to Lavasa, a new modern city coming up a half hour away from the community.
Daily improvements are being made in the existing cluster: landscaping, planting, repairing monsoon damage, cleaning, and gardening. Every day it gets better. Soon we will start sculpting out the small amphitheater and courtyard between the staff cabins and Swami Kriyananda’s house.
Come and see us!