Posts from Guest Authors
- Reminiscences of Swami Kriyananda
- Expanding Love in Marriage
- Swamiji’s Living Presence
- Seclusion is the Price of Greatness
- Stubborn as a Mule
- Learning To Give
- A Day On The Farm
- Trail of Beauty
- Learning to Love God 10 Times a Minute!
- Sign Me Up!
- God Cares More Than We Imagine
- Highlights from Ananda Farm Apprentices at Ananda Village
- The Joy of Living in Community: An Interview with Melody West
- Young Adults of Ananda: An Interview with Kamran Matlock
- News of Swami Kriyananda
- Who Was Mary?
- Take Two: Shooting Videos with Swami Kriyananda
- News of Ananda Pune, India
- “The Channel Is Blessed…”
- Swami Kriyananda at the Yoga Festival in Rome
- Launch of Original Autobiography of a Yogi in Italian
- Ananda Kriya Retreat in Massachusetts
- Master, I Love You Alone
- Retreat with Swami Kriyananda at Ananda India, Pune
- Through the Grace of God
- Building Ananda in Mexico
- Thanksgiving Letter from Paramhansa Yogananda
- A Precious Gift
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Celebration in Assisi, Italy
- Crystal Hermitage Gardens Tour
- Ananda India Youth Campout and Retreat
- Ananda Community in India
- Joy Is Within You: Ananda Village Entry Sign
- My Visit to Ananda Village
- A Tale of Three Villages
- Revelations of Christ Book Launch in Rome
- It Was A Dark And Stormy Night
- Ananda’s Spanish Ministry
- Sweet Seclusion
- Treasures Along The Path Talk-of-the-Month Club
- Ananda Solar Technologies
- Japanese Embrace Ananda
- Spirituality in Education
- The Man Behind the Camera
- Back to School: Ananda’s Education for Life System
- The Miracle of Ananda Seattle Temple of Light
- The Miracle of Ananda Sacramento Mandir
Treasures Along The Path Talk-of-the-Month Club
October 26th, 2007
I have to say that one of the greatest blessings of my life has been working with Treasures Along the Path talk-of-the- month club, featuring a collection of archival talks by Swami Kriyananda.
It was originally founded in 1998 by Daya Taylor, an Ananda member who since moved to India to help our work there, as a way to make vast amount of archived spiritual material available to our Ananda family.
Literally thousands of hours of recordings from the early years of Ananda – classes, Sunday Services, stories of Swamiji’s life with Paramhansa Yogananda, radio programs, and a great deal of other material, was sitting in storage, with very few people having access to it.
Treasures Along the Path became a way to open those archives and distribute the precious “gems” to many souls. This has proven to be an invaluable resource for many devotees, especially those who don’t live in or near an Ananda community. It has also been extremely beneficial for those who do live in an Ananda community, since it brings to life Yogananda’s teachings.
When I first started at Treasures, I had absolutely no experience with sound recording or digital world. It has been a great learning experience in so many ways and on so many levels: physically, emotionally and spiritually! I learned to accept my limitations and more importantly, to push past them.
Treasures produces cassette tapes, CDs and MP3s. I send the cassettes out to be made elsewhere, but the CDs, MP3s, and all graphic material are made here, by me.
Over the years, Treasures has evolved to include 400 members in U.S. and 14 other countries. All proceeds from it go to fund Ananda’s growing work in India. We were able to send $10,000 in 2004 – 05 each, and in 2006, we sent $14,000.
Basically, my “job” is to listen to tapes of Swamiji’s and decide which one to make into a Treasure. How do I decide? Partly by adding variety to what has been produced so far, and partly by tuning into what’s happening in the world at the time.
I am always amazed that when I listen to the talks, I somehow just know “this is the one.”
One of the recently sent out talks was “Building Spiritual Power in Troubled Times.” It was a lecture given by Swami Kriyananda in 1979, and it is still amazingly relevant to what’s happening in the world today.
He describes how the fear and anxiety prevalent in the world come from people not abiding by the laws of the universe. He then gives valuable counsel on how to live more from our inner center and as a result, naturally radiate love and joy to our troubled planet.
Probably the most challenging parts of my job is writing the description about that month’s talk. And yet, the process of really going deep into the talk in order to do that, has been life-changing for me. I have to really understand what Swamiji is saying in order to describe it to others.
When I am trying to come up with what to write about a particular talk, it seems like Divine Mother always tests me in some way, giving me the opportunity to put these teachings into actual practice. It truly has been a great blessing!
I feel I have grown closer to my true Self, discovering who I really am, through the guidance and inspiration I receive through these talks. As one Treasures member put it, “Treasures has been my salvation.”
Somehow just listening to Swamiji’s voice is comforting and reassuring. There is a powerful vibration that is conveyed through his voice that awakens the higher self and a desire to act more from that place.
It is a joy and great blessing for me to share these “treasures” with anyone who wants them. Please feel free to contact me for more information on these life-changing “gems.”
In Divine Friendship and Love,