Posts from Kent Williams
- Dedication Weekend for Ananda Laurelwood
- Ananda Tucson
- God Reminders in Daily Life
- Vacationing with Spirit
- Live from Ananda Village
- Landmark Event at Ananda Village
- Jesus as a Yoga Master
- Be restful in your heart.
- Seclusion Day 1
- Chapter 3 – Blessing the statues of the Kriya Masters
- Statues of the Masters Chapter 2 – arrival at Ananda Village
- Mowing season is here
- Celebrating the Joyful Arts at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Party on June 9, 2007
- The Statues – Chapter 1: The Beginning
- Snow at Ananda Village does not deter the mailing
- The New Ananda Seattle Mandir (Temple)
- Swami Shankarananda Visits Ananda Village
- Pizza Night at Master’s Market
God Reminders in Daily Life
December 5th, 2009
Swami Kriyananda says in his book, Affirmations for Self-Healing, “One should not strain, nor reach outward mentally, to think of God. Think not merely about Him: Think to Him. Share with Him your passing feelings, your idlest fancy. Talk with Him. Practice His presence – at first, perhaps, for minutes a day, then for hours, and then all the time.”
It helps to have little reminders in our daily life wherever you are. Here are a few simple suggestions which I have found helpful in daily life.
Find artwork that inspires you and helps you remember God.
Make a screen saver for your computer comprised of your favorite divine photos.
Put an outdoor statue in your garden.
Get a small photo of Yogananda and place it on your dashboard in your vehicle. If you don’t have any this size, The Crystal Hermitage Shrine of the Masters Boutique at Ananda Village has wallet sized photos of all the Master’s of our line along with garden statues. You can contact them at 530-478-7586.
You don’t need blue-tooth to “think” to God.
What other ways do you use to help remember. Please leave a comment.