Posts from Kent Williams
- Dedication Weekend for Ananda Laurelwood
- Ananda Tucson
- God Reminders in Daily Life
- Vacationing with Spirit
- Live from Ananda Village
- Landmark Event at Ananda Village
- Jesus as a Yoga Master
- Be restful in your heart.
- Seclusion Day 1
- Chapter 3 – Blessing the statues of the Kriya Masters
- Statues of the Masters Chapter 2 – arrival at Ananda Village
- Mowing season is here
- Celebrating the Joyful Arts at Ananda Village
- Swami Kriyananda’s Birthday Party on June 9, 2007
- The Statues – Chapter 1: The Beginning
- Snow at Ananda Village does not deter the mailing
- The New Ananda Seattle Mandir (Temple)
- Swami Shankarananda Visits Ananda Village
- Pizza Night at Master’s Market
Swami Shankarananda Visits Ananda Village
February 13th, 2007
Swami Shankarananda Giri, who directs a large Kriya Yoga work in Northern India (Rishikesh and Bubaneshwar ashrams) visited Ananda Village last week. His guru was a disciple of Sri Yukteswar Giri, so you could roughly say he is a spiritual cousin of Swami Kriyananda. In fact he stated, during our community satsang at Hansa Mandir, that he and Swami Kriyananda have spent many lifetimes together in the past. (click on any of the images to display larger ones).
Swamiji toured the village, visiting our schools, retreat and Sangha ministry offices, dined with village managers at Crystal Hermitage, had tea at our home) then Satsang in the evening with a packed house.
One note as to why Sraddha and I were involved. Swamiji has been instrumental in assisting us with the statue project inspired by seeing the statues of our line of Master’s at his beautiful temple in Rishikesh. With his guidance, we contracted with an artist in Jaipur, India, to carve marble statues of Yogananda, Babaji, Lahiri, and Sri Yukteswar. See the image below of the statues as displayed in his Kriya Yoga Mandir in Rishikesh. More on this in a later post.