Ananda’s 40th/60th Anniversary Bicycle Ride
June 21st, 2008
In one of my previous posts, I had mentioned that Ananda Velo (Ananda Village’s Bicycle Club) is organizing a bicycle ride for Ananda’s 40th anniversary and Swami Kriyananda’s 60th anniversary of discipleship. The date of this ride has been finalized as August 9th (the Saturday before Spiritual Renewal Week).
Yesterday, we sent out an email to prospective riders to further plan this event. Here are some details.
We are offering several rides to suit all abilities. The route starts at Ananda Village, goes down Tyler Foote Road and makes a right on Oak Tree Road for a short climb and descent to North San Juan. The right turn on Route 49 begins with a 2.5 mile descent to Oregon Creek. This is followed by a beautiful, relatively easy 10 mile climb. Next we descend for 4 miles into the North Yuba River valley. The run along the river in this valley is cycling at it’s best.
In the map shown above, A is Ananda Village and D is Downieville.
If you would like to participate in this event, and/or if you would like to have your very own Ananda Velo hat and/or Ananda Velo jersey, please contact me and I will send you further details.
Posts from Koral Ilgun
- Yoga for Cyclists
- When You Have Eliminated the Impossible
- Ananda’s Distance Education Initiative
- The Magic of Christmas Meditation
- Ananda’s 40th/60th Anniversary Bicycle Ride – Great Success
- Ananda’s 40th/60th Anniversary Bicycle Ride
- Beauty of Spring at Crystal Hermitage Gardens
- Yoga Study for Multiple Sclerosis
- Ananda Bell DSL
- The Yoga of Bicycling
- Ananda Fire First Response Team
- Century with Gurubais
- Countdown to “Revelations of Christ” Book Launch
- Ananda Seattle Meditation Temple Dedication
- Happy Birthday Swamiji
- Rajarsi Day – May 5, 2007
- Ananda Yoga Teacher Training – Just Do It
- Satsang on Bicycles
- A Village of Angels
- Christmas Eve at Ananda
- Getting Started