Menu
Home > Healing Prayers > Healing Prayers Blog > Precious last email from Swamiji

Healing Prayers Blog

Precious last email from Swamiji
April 23, 2013

This email from Swamiji, received the night before his passing, was written to a professional young woman in India seeking guidance about joining Ananda, and how she should best serve. He gave her some general advice first, such as seeking guidance from the people in charge, either in Ananda India or at Ananda Village, depending on where she wanted to move, and leaving that choice for her to make.

Nayaswami Kriyananda

Nayaswami Kriyananda

Then she told me, “Swamiji wrote a very special paragraph which I feel every devotee so inclined MUST read, and I would love to share it with them, as I feel it is so universal, and such a powerful message.”

…Please don’t worry about having a well-defined “job description” up front. Life at Ananda isn’t a matter of the job one has, but of living for God. Offer all your talents, your training, and your love to the Guru. Serve selflessly wherever and however you are asked. Practice japa and God remembrance. The details of “where” and “what” will work out for the best when you’ve put first things first.

In Master’s love,
swami

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

11 Responses

1. Joy says:

Life at Ananda is living for God! Offer all talents, training, and love to the Guru.

Thank you, Swamiji! Thank you!!

2. Beautiful advice for everyone! We spend most of our lives trying to control our destiny, but when we put God and Guru first, trusting that we are in God’s hands, then our lives fall into place. No more worry because God is in charge of our lives. Thanks for sharing the email.

3. Thank you so much Mary for sharing this most beautiful and inspiring email from Swamiji. It’s so wonderful and such a blessing to have this continued guidance from him, especially for this woman in India, but for all of us as well.

Thank you Swamiji! Your divine love and devotion will continue to live on forever.

4. Brindey says:

Thank you so very much for this precious gift. I will cherish it as though he wrote it to me! Thank you and feel His Blessings flowing through now and always! your friend in Them, Brindey

5. soma singh roy says:

Swamiji, your last simple advise,means a lot, you have shown a simple path to give everything to God first. We will follow your foot steps sincerely, in my humble capacity. Aum

6. Neeru Rachita Sehgal says:

Swami ji’s unconditional love and devotion for his guru is an inspiration. i am blessed with that sacred energy which i have felt at Ananda Gurgaon.

7. Nagesh TR says:

Thanks for simplified resolution of one of the major queries of life. Thanks Mary n Pranaams Guruji.

8. tanusree saha says:

jai guru … miss u forever swami kriyananda ji :(

9. Heya iím for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

10. Another issue is really that video gaming has become one of the all-time greatest forms of excitement for people of every age group. Kids participate in video games, and adults do, too. The actual XBox 360 is probably the favorite games systems for individuals that love to have a huge variety of video games available to them, and also who like to play live with others all over the world. Thanks for sharing your notions.

11. Kat says:

Truly precious words! Thank you so much for posting! Made may day!

Mary Kretzmann