Menu

Inspirations from Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi

The Future of Ananda
June 6, 2013

Dear Friends,

As we all make the transition in our lives with Swami Kriyananda’s passing, it’s time of both grieving and of joy. It’s also a time to look to the future and continue to expand the great work of Ananda he began. Because of Swamiji’s wise and far-seeing leadership, the future of Ananda is very bright. Over the years he trained and put in place many leaders who have already been guiding our communities throughout the world.

Ananda’s future is bright also because Swamiji has passed on the values that he received from Master, and these now form the core of our lives. Chief among them are the dual principles that Swamiji often spoke of:

1) People are more important than things, and

2) Yato dharma, Sthato jaya: “Where there is adherence to right attitude and action, there is victory.”

The road ahead is also filled with light because Swamiji trained others to follow his example of being expansive and creative in sharing Master’s teachings. After reading Autobiography of a Yogi, he lived his life according to the inspiration that came to him during his bus ride from New York to Los Angeles to meet Master. He realized then, “I have two desires in life: first to find God, and second to share Him with all.”

Finally, the future is bright because Swamiji trained all of us to do our best to attune our will to God’s will. When we act as instruments for the Divine, everything is possible. When we don’t, nothing comes to its full potential.

In the coming years, we want to reach out to you in many ways. We will be continuing our regular webinars and satsangs on Online with Ananda. Our travel plans will be more extensive as we visit Ananda Seattle and Los Angeles this summer, Italy in October, and India in November and December.

We’ll also be connecting with you through a weekly letter we’ll be starting called “A Touch of Light.” If you’d like to receive these brief “touches of inspiration,” please click here, and enter your name and email address.

In closing, we send our loving prayers and well wishes to you all. Swamiji has left us a great legacy, and it’s for all of us now to honor and further the great work that he began. His greatest legacy to us all, however, is to feel his boundless love and joy as he soars in freedom in God.

With blessings in God and Guru,

Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi

P.S. For those who have not seen it, here is the video of Jyotish taking the vow as Swamiji’s designated successor as Spiritual Director of Ananda: http://www.ananda.org/celebration (skip forward to 1 hour and 27 minutes to see the vow ceremony).

21 Responses

1. Jerry Champagne says:

Dear friends, many blessings to you in this time of transition. I look forward to many years of involvement with my Ananda family. In Master’s love, Jerry.

2. Tony Giorgianni says:

I continue to look here for inspiration each day. Ananda will thrive.

3. Surana says:

Thank you Jyotish and Devi for this most important note to us all. My very being knows Swamiji’s blessed inspirations will continue through you both. Thank you for your dedication to this path, to Master, to Swamiji and to seeing us all move ever closer to the Divine. You are both in my daily prayers that this transition will strengthen your devotion and determination to find God. Aummmmmmmmm

4. Michele Obezp says:

I join you in grief and joy and in your direction for Ananda.Even though my health keeps me from returning to the Village; I would be happy to assist the growth of Ananda in anyway I can. I am onlilne and have lots of time on my hands. Thank you for your wonderful online presence to boost me up and bring me some satsang. My best wishes.

5. This loving transparency is so inspiring and refreshing to me! I stand by to assist with Ananda’s mission in any way of which I am capable.

6. Anandi Gray says:

The more we remember those two principles – “People are more important than things” and “Where there is dharma, there is victory” the better for each one of us. I so appreciate that you identified them as chief among the values that Swamiji learned from Master, and wanted us to practice.

7. kalpna bharthuar says:

…We were so used to Swamiji’s physical presence and his loving proximity ….,we acted like innocent ,naive children ,basking in the love and glory of our evercaring parent…….leaving all our responsibilities on Him !
    …. that it was hard for us to understand that Swamiji has actually expanded His Horizon of LOVE AND GUIDANCE manyfolds to enclose all of us together under His Blissful Umbrella…..
    And has come even closer to all His children….

.. now it is our duty to expand our consciousness higher and higher so as to tap that Guidance within and move forward in the Divine Path !

Jai Gurudev !

kalpna and arun

8. Juliet Goldstein says:

I was not well, but now wish to send a message of love and blessings to everyone at Ananda Village and to Ananda Worldwide at this time for love and support to each one of you, and enormous gratitude for all you have done and continue to do. Blessings of Joy now and forever.

9. Connor says:

The leaders of Ananda are beautiful reflections of Master’s teachings and Swamiji’s guidance. I’m honored to follow in these footsteps. Thank you, friends :)

10. RAMESHA HP says:

Reverend Swamiji,

whoever works for Ananda Sangha which is of Swami Yogaananda, are blessed, selected one to serve for the spiritual purpose. Remembrance of Swami yogananda itself a great joy and fulfillment. Let god give all strength to guide us through you.

11. Brindey says:

Thank you both for your Divine Friendship and unconditional love! I too look forward with enthusiasm to being able to be of service to our Beloved Gurus Work through this Ray! As we continue to better attune ourselves to Swamijis Vibration through the Great Ones now in Spirit form as Swamiji once wrote to me “He will be able to manifest through us in ways we can not imagine”!
    With the Deepest Gratitude,
    Brahmacharini Brindey

12. Paul Waddington says:

I wish you all the best in this transition, and am gratified by the way everything has been handled. Regarding the future of Ananda, one thing I’d like to see is facilitating the formation of world brotherhood intentional communities. By this I don’t mean more Anandas, where the teachings are promulgated, but more ordinary places where people have normal jobs, but live and practice together. Maintaining a central database where a person can voluntarily leave their contact info for people of like mind would be a great start.

13. Gary McSweeney says:

Many blessings on you both! Swamiji indeed left an amazing legacy of humble leaders who serve others!

14. Dr. Dan(iel) Hart says:

“What comes of itself, let it come.” – our Premavatar Guru -

15. Nirupma says:

Ananda has been a great inspiration for me! I have experienced love and great healing! Swamiji will always live in my heart! Thank you for your lovely note!

16. Jim Williams says:

At this transitional time, may Ananda continue to put into practice Master’s words, “When I am gone, only Love can take my place.”

17. Mac McCullough says:

What a beautiful blessing it was for me to have known Swamiji, and simply to have been in his presence. We are all allotted only such a brief time in this incarnation, and Swami has done a wonderful thing with his life and time. A “Thank You” cannot suffice, but I am so grateful.

Ommm, Shanti, Love,
    Mac of South Carolina

18. Amala Lane says:

Thank you!

19. Astara says:

It Was Beautiful To Celebrate Swami’s Life and To be Included In Jyotish Accepting His Leadership Position Through This Vow Of Continued Service This Was A Delightful Blessing To Us All. I Have Appreciated How Giving Everyone Has Been With Their Love, Honor And Devotion To Master’s Work.

20. Dennis Murphy says:

Swami Kriananda left a large body of work that I refer to regularly to keep myself on the path, he is an inspiration to me. Thank you for this note and for continuing his work.

Dennis Murphy