Swami Kriyananda wrote a book called Education for Life
(available online for free
and for purchase
) and talks about Yogananda’s interest in education, and how the non-sectarian principles he taught have been implemented at Ananda Village.
He talks about the different stages of development that children go through and offers thoughts for how to bring the best and the highest out of young people by helping them to learn universal high principles.
From education, he goes on to discuss the trend of modern art and its influence on us.
- What were Yogananda’s views on education for children?
- What makes the system of education that Yogananda pioneered different?
- Do you teach children to work with their emotions?
- We noticed in going around the world that in America children often rebel. We don’t notice that so much in Europe or India. Why?
- What do you think is the trend of modern music?