The Importance of Uplifting Music and Arts
The music we listen to affects our consciousness very directly. Music, indeed, is an expression of consciousness. Swami Kriyananda offers thoughts on the ramifications of this truth.
- You mentioned in a recet program the detrimental effect of rock music. Could you elaborate on that?
- What would be good music to listen to?
- What about Mozart?
- If you had to pick a melody that best expresses upliftment from your own music, what would it be?
- When music comes so you, does it come fully formed, including the harmony?
- What kind of music inspired you before you began writing music?