Spiritual Community

Sending Out A (Christ Consciousness) SMS

A couple of years ago a friend of mine, Saiganesh, came with some other devotees to visit Los Angeles for a weekend of programs with Nayaswami Asha. I did not have his cell phone number so we exchanged numbers so we could communicate about weekend details.

Spiritual Community, Spiritual Growth

Stories from the Heart: Lack and Abundance

The photo shows Swami Vivekananda (third from right) in Calcutta with his brother disciples (from left) Trigunatitananda, Sadananda (sitting on floor), Shivananda, Turiyananda, and Brahmananda. A monthly letter from Ananda Palo Alto, in which we share stories of personal growth and material success through tithing, charity, service, and expansion of the heart. Do you have a story you’d like to … Read More

Spiritual Community

Lighting Up Lives

The following is a recent interview with Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi, published in The Speaking Tree, a section of the Times of India — India’s largest newspaper — devoted to articles on spirituality, wellness, and lifestyle. They discuss Ananda Sangha and, in particular, the Paramhansa Yogananda Public Charitable Trust in Brindaban.

Spiritual Community

Swami Kriyananda, Still Touching Hearts

One of the most inspiring characteristics of Swami Kriyananda was his ability to be perfectly holy and perfectly appropriate in every situation he found himself in — whether he was giving a lecture in front of two thousand people, or talking to the clerk of a randomly-picked street shop.

Spiritual Community

Scenes from Ananda Palo Alto

Curious about Ananda? Here is a glimpse into life at our spiritual community in Palo Alto, California!

Spiritual Community

Stories of Swamiji

In humility and with a desire to remove his ego from the picture, Swamiji always understated himself and what he did. I knew him for almost forty years and I never saw him try to draw people to himself.

A Place Called Ananda, Parenting and Education, Spiritual Community

Growing Up Ananda: How a Bunch of Hippies Got it Right

I was born and raised in a spiritual intentional community. To answer your first question, yes, I loved it. If you google “intentional community” and try to find a glowing testimonial from a child raised in one, you’ll most likely find none. I certainly haven’t. Every article I’ve ever read has been from someone who is coming to grips with … Read More