Spiritual Community

Swami Kriyananda, Still Touching Hearts

One of the most inspiring characteristics of Swami Kriyananda was his ability to be perfectly holy and perfectly appropriate in every situation he found himself in—whether he was giving a lecture in front of two thousand people, or talking to the clerk of a randomly-picked street shop.

Spiritual Community

Scenes from Ananda Palo Alto

Curious about Ananda? Here is a glimpse into life at our spiritual community in Palo Alto, California!

Clarity Magazine, Spiritual Community

Stories of Swamiji

In humility and with a desire to remove his ego from the picture, Swamiji always understated himself and what he did. I knew him for almost forty years and I never saw him try to draw people to himself.

A Place Called Ananda, Parenting and Education, Spiritual Community

Growing Up Ananda: How a Bunch of Hippies Got it Right

I was born and raised in a spiritual intentional community. To answer your first question, yes, I loved it. If you google “intentional community” and try to find a glowing testimonial from a child raised in one, you’ll most likely find none. I certainly haven’t. Every article I’ve ever read has been from someone who is coming to grips with … Read More

Spiritual Community

Paramhansa Yogananda’s Mission

“If you could point to a single greatest accomplishment in your life, what would that be?” Swami Kriyananda talks about Yogananda’s mission, his own role in helping to fulfill that mission, and shares advice for how to face any obstacle in life and still come out on top.

Spiritual Community, Yoga Philosophy

A New Year’s Message from Paramhansa Yogananda, January 1950

Resolve, this coming year, to appreciate the value of time. For how is it possible to solve all the mysteries of the Soul in one short life span unless we make the most of each year? Very few know how much can be accomplished when each day is used wisely and economically. Without realizing the value of immortal time, which … Read More