This is a short list of uplifting books that you can share with children.
- Ananda School. Uplifting Books to Share. (A bibliography of children’s books). Nevada City, California. Call (530) 478-7640 for more information.
- Brown, Tom. Tom Brown’s Field Guide to Nature and Survival for Children. New York: Berkley Books.
- Cornell, Joseph. Sharing Nature with Children, Sharing the Joy of Nature, and Journey to the Heart of Nature. Nevada City, California: Dawn Publications.
- Deranja, Michael Nitai. The Art of Joyful Education: The Story of the Early Years of Ananda School. Nevada City, California: Ananda School. Call (530) 478-7640 for more information.
- Landow, Jonathan. Prince Siddhartha: The Story of Buddha. London, England: Wisdom Publications.
- Moorhouse, Toby. Supporting the Inner Life of Your Child: Guided Visualizations (tape). Nevada City, California: Ananda School. Call (530) 478-7640 for more information.
- Twenty Jataka Tales. New York: Inner Traditions International, Ltd.
- Vissell, Rami. Rami’s Book: The Inner Life of a Child. Aptos, California: Ramira Publishing.
- Walters, J. Donald. All the World is My Friend (music tape). Nevada City, California: Crystal Clarity Publishers. Available from Ananda School.