Advanced Healing Prayer Technique
From the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda
Many blessings flow from this practice, and some individuals are healed after one deep session.
TECHNIQUE FOR CHANNELING DIVINE ENERGY
In Person, or at a Distance
- Prepare with prayer and meditation.
- Sit erect. Gently tense and relax the whole body. Calm yourself. Touch the medulla once, in order to make it easier for you to concentrate on it.Then visualize Cosmic Energy surrounding and entering the body through the medulla and at the point between the eyebrows, and pouring into the spine.
- Feel the energy flowing down the whole length of the two arms into the hands. Continue tensing and relaxing and feeling the life force flow from the medulla and the point between the eyebrows through the spine to the hands.
- Stop tensing and relaxing, and firmly rub the entire bare left arm with the right palm (up and down several times). Do the same to the right arm with the left palm.
- Relax. Continue visualizing and willing Cosmic Energy to descend from the medulla through the arms into your hands. Now, with closed eyes, rapidly but gently rub your palms together about twenty times.
- Separate the hands, and lift the arms upward. You will feel the life current flowing from the medulla into the spine, especially through both arms and hands, with a prickling, tingling sensation.
- Your energy-magnetized hands may be used for curing any diseased part either of your own or someone else’s body. The person need not be in your immediate vicinity, for it is not necessary to touch your patient. This life force passing through your hands has infinite power of projection.
- Visualize your patient. Broadcast the healing force by moving your hands, electrified by the above method, up and down in space while willing the current to pass over your patient’s diseased body part. Do this in a quiet room for fifteen minutes, or until you feel that you have accomplished your object.
Advanced Healing Techniques
by Paramhansa Yogananda in the Super Advanced Course, Lesson #11, c.1935