The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
June 20, 2014
Swami Kriyananda shares esoteric teachings of Christianity that Paramhansa Yogananda brought to the West.
Much of modern Christianity is outward, with an emphasis on religious organizations and their priorities — but the original Christianity, according to Paramhansa Yogananda, had as a priority inner communion with God.
- Paramhansa Yogananda often spoke about Christianity vs. "Churchianity" — would you like to talk about the difference?
- In the early days of Christianity becoming a religion, there were small communities. Did Jesus recommended that way of life?
- Does bringing a group of people together for a spiritual purpose automatically begin to calcify the group?
- Can you explain the teaching of Christ, "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them"?
- How do we become more attuned to Christ's consciousness?
- What is God's "name"?
- The Holy Spirit is often referred to as "the Comforter" — why is that?