Ananda Course in Meditation: A 10-Week Online Course
Start a New Meditation Practice or Inspire Your Current One
The 10-week Course in Meditation program is designed to provide in-depth instruction in scientific meditation techniques that bring more peace, deeper relaxation, and focused concentration to every area of your life, regardless of outer conditions. These techniques are based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of Autobiography of a Yogi.
Paramhansa Yogananda, born in 1893, was the first yoga master of India to take up permanent residence in the West. Hundreds of thousands filled the largest halls in major American cities to see the yoga master from India. Yogananda continued to lecture and write up to his passing in 1952. Paramhansa Yogananda’s initial impact on Western culture was truly impressive. But his lasting spiritual legacy has been even greater. His Autobiography of a Yogi, first published in 1946, helped launch a spiritual revolution in the West. Translated into more than a dozen languages, it remains a best-selling spiritual classic to this day.
Yogananda brought the path of Self-realization and universal spirituality for daily life. As the means of attaining this exalted spiritual state Yogananda initiated his followers into the ancient technique of Kriya Yoga, which he called the “jet-airplane route to God.” The path of Kriya Yoga combines the practice of advanced yogic techniques with spirituality in daily life and can be learned at https://www.ananda.org/kriya-yoga.
ABOUT ANANDA WORLDWIDE
Ananda is a worldwide movement to help individuals realize the joy of their own higher Self. Ananda is based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and was founded by his direct disciple Swami Kriyananda in 1969.
Jitendra Guindon, Nayaswami Susan McGinnis, Brahmachari Sagar
Learning Meditation for Beginners, Experienced Meditators and Meditation Teachers
Lessons in Meditation is an meditation course that combines the ancient teachings of yoga with modern technology.
Whether you are a beginner, or a meditator, or a meditation teacher, this course will enhance your meditation experience with the time-tested techniques of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi.
Benefits of Meditation
With this course, you will receive from the comfort of your homes the five things that are needed for deep meditation.
- Scientific meditation techniques. Yogic techniques that will teach you how to sit still, how to be energetic and aware, and how to concentrate deeply and one pointedly.
- Structured curriculum. Each week you receive written lessons, video recordings, companion audio files, inspiration and live webinars, demonstrating and explaining the course content.
- Qualified instructors. You will be taught by instructors who have been practicing these teachings for many years, and have taught 1000s of students from several different countries
- Personalized attention and feedback. Through your quizzes and through the live interactive webinars we the instructors, make sure that each student gets their individualized personal attention. We'll be with you every step of the way to ensure that deep meditation becomes your own true reality,
- Community and friendship. Our learning management system is designed to allow students to interact with each other. So you will be learning not only from the instructors, but from your fellow students from around the world.
So join us on this journey, a 10 week course, with seekers from all time zones and all countries on a thrilling adventure that will take you to your own true home, the paradise of peace at the center of your own being.