Ananda is a global movement of more than 140,000 people dedicated to Self-realization. Based on the mission and teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda to unite the spiritual wisdom of the East with the material efficiency of the West, Ananda is pioneering models for living an integrated spiritual life that inspires millions today.
What makes Ananda unique is our goal to offer everyone access to the practical teachings of yoga as shared by Paramhansa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda. Thanks to the generosity of people like you, Ananda outreach ministries will continue to serve millions of seekers.
Sharing Yogananda in 2019
Sharing Yogananda’s teachings means making them accessible to anyone — anywhere and at any time.
This year, we:
- Completed the Temple of Light, temple of all religion.
- Had 2.4 million visits to Ananda websites, including 2.1 million visits to ananda.org
- Had over 100,000 Facebook fans
- Reached of 533,242 people on social media
- Shared meditation with over 100,000 people
- Had 20,000 Ananda Meditation app downloads
- Supported over 4,774 Kriyabans from 27 countries
Ananda has a wealth of inspirational offerings to support and uplift you on your spiritual journey.
- Free online content (video, blogs, spiritual talks, books, radio)
- Spiritual pilgrimages
- And much more
Deep spiritual friendships, connections and a supportive community can help you on your spiritual path.
- Online classes
- Ananda Communities
- Virtual Community
- Meditation Groups
- Workshops lead by ministers and teachers
- Individual counseling
Deepening your spiritual life
Enrich and deepen your spiritual life with Ananda’s many offerings.
- Learn about the advanced meditation technique, Kriya Yoga
- Extensive online courses
- In person classes and retreats
- Ananda’s Karma Yoga Ashram Programs
- Learn about discipleship
- Spiritual counseling
- Meditation and Yoga Teacher trainings and certifications
Tools to live your yoga life
Living a balanced and happy life means acquiring a wealth of tools for any challenge life has to offer.
- Healing prayers
- Spiritual counseling certification
- Meditation techniques
- Energization exercises
- Meditation app
- Daily online group meditation
Support Ananda Outreach Ministries
Donations make possible all that Ananda does to share inspiration and practical wisdom with all who seek it. Make a donation today!
More ways to give
Ananda Sangha Worldwide
14618 Tyler Foote Road #50
Nevada City, CA 95959
Memorial gifts may be made by check to:
14618 Tyler Foote Road #242
Nevada City, CA 95959
For more information about memorial giving, please contact Parvati Hansen, Executive Director of the Janaka Foundation at email@example.com.
To make a donation contact: Mai Lee, Development Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are inspired to make a gift through a donor advised fund please contact: email@example.com
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Ananda. Click here to support Ananda.
- eBay Giving Works was designed to make it easy for eBay users (buyers and sellers) to support important causes — in the U.S. and abroad. Click here to support Ananda.
- Facebook Create a personal fundraiser to support Ananda and share it with your friends. Click here to support Ananda
- Paypal Giving Fund PayPal covers all fees. Click here to support Ananda.
“Those who have money, and use it for the welfare of other people, get great good karma for it.” Paramhansa Yogananda
Ananda Fundraising Team
Ananda’s fundraising team is here to build a bridge that connects each one of us with the heart of Ananda through the sacred act of giving.
Director of Development
Mai is highly trained in the world of business and technology. 10 years ago she took up the practice of meditation. Thrilled with the changes in herself she was able to experience in her busy life in Los Angeles, she took her exploration further in 2016 by moving to Ananda Village.
Mai has held numerous senior development positions, including directing HYPE Los Angeles, The Midnight Mission, and currently, Ananda Sangha Worldwide, where she is the primary fundraising strategist. She has consulted with multiple technology companies on apps and technology for the nonprofit industry. She is a former board member of FBI Los Angeles Citizens Academy, Operation Progress, and Central City Association. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for Sharing Nature Worldwide, a nonprofit that brings nature education experiences to adults and youth across the globe.
Nayaswami Jyoti is an Ananda minister and has lived and served at Ananda Village since 1996. She has offered classes and workshops in meditation, yoga philosophy and Ananda yoga at The Expanding Light and Ananda Meditation retreats and for several hospitals, colleges and private clients throughout the US and Canada. She is currently serving at Ananda’s Development Department and is active in Ananda’s outreach ministry, offering spiritual support and guidance to devotees worldwide.
Estate and Planned Giving
Executive Director, Ananda Janaka Foundation
Parvati is one of the founding members of Ananda, and is one of Ananda’s most widely traveled and experienced ministers. She moved to Ananda in 1972, and was made a minister by Swami Kriyananda in 1981. With her husband, Pranaba, she has been involved in the creation and direction of Ananda centers and communities in Palo Alto, Portland, Seattle, Dallas, and Assisi, Italy.