Fear is separation: it finds security in union with divine love.
I Live Without Fear. This is the title of a song by Swami Kriyananda and it seems particularly pertinent now that all over the world we are facing the health crisis created by the Coronavirus. The words in this song can inspire us to turn to God for help and support in every challenge we face in life. In this song Swamiji says:
My Lord, in your presence, I live without fear. Through tempest, through snow, through turbulent tide, the touch of your hand is my strength and my guide.Faith in God is our armor against every obstacle and against all fear.
Faith in God is our armor against every obstacle and against all fear. When we forget God’s unconditional love for us, we are truly isolated from any comfort or support to make us overcome whatever we face. God loves everyone, God loves the world, and the world is made up of individuals. God loves you. Now, as you are, even imperfect, or in difficulty and fearful. Ask for his help and guidance. Jesus said in the Gospel of Matthew:
Come to me, all of you who are tired and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Trusting God means giving yourself to God, with the same confidence that a child expects from a loving mother and father to take care of him. We can expect this same security and comfort from God, and we can rely on faith and trust in God so that our hearts are calm and free within us. More than ever in difficult times we must remember that we are God’s beloved children.
Paramhansa Yogananda said: “Remember, God is with you. The more you meditate and try to contact him, the more often you will feel him with you. Fear is a useless emotion. You don’t have to be afraid of anything. ”
Here are some suggestions to strengthen divine harmony and to remove fear:
- Spend time with God every day in meditation
- Talk to God – not only to make requests but to share your concerns and fears.
- Ask God to guide and protect you in everything; to come to you as love, peace, and calm.
- Pray for the world and for those who need to heal in body, mind, and spirit.
- Thank God for his presence and for the deepening of your faith.
- Read books or articles of faith and transformation to inspire you.
- Read or listen to the news and what is happening in the world but not continuously.
- Constantly put your mind and heart on things that will calm you down and inspire you to faith and trust in the power and love of God. This will help keep your mind and heart free from fear and worry.
- To increase your sense of security, repeat a statement regularly, such as the one below. Say it aloud and gradually, if softer, whisper it, then whisper it, then repeat it mentally.
“I live in the fortress of God’s inner presence. Nothing and nobody can break through these walls and hurt me.” -Swami Kriyananda, Affirmations for Self-Healing
If you liked this article, we think you may also like this book: