News About Ananda, Spiritual Community

A Gathering of Ananda’s Next Generation in Assisi, Italy

In June, forty devotees gathered to share their experiences on the spiritual path. The goal was simple: to go deep in their divine friendship, and build connections for their future together. What came was a deep inspiration that will last a lifetime. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phYka9tzPSo?rel=0]

Find Ananda Near You is Now Worldwide

Since we first created a map where people can search for Ananda locations, it’s only been possible to search for places in the USA. But now you can search for any of our locations throughout the world, and also see how to contact them, and if they have an address listed, you can even get directions to it. Enjoy!

Divine Love, Spiritual Community, Thank You, God

Stand Unshaken

Our Master has urged us to become so inwardly strong and centered that we “stand unshaken amidst the crash of breaking worlds”—not only that we stand unshaken, but that, whatever tests may come, we pour out vibrations of love and joy. We have made it a spiritual practice this year, as a worldwide family of disciples of Yoganandaji, to bless … Read More

A Place Called Ananda, Spiritual Community, Spiritual Growth

I See You!

I said nervously, “He sounds creepy.” My son is a young adult who feels every conversation has unseen potential for self-discovery and conversations with strangers hold huge adventure potential. I tend to be introverted and protective of my comfort zone and since he doesn’t share either of those traits, a “stranger” becomes a friend as soon as he knows their … Read More

A Place Called Ananda, Spiritual Community, Spiritual Growth

Finding the Path of Kriya Yoga

All the way up the winding staircase on the fifth floor of a brownstone townhouse in Boston, I sat in my dorm room reading about Kriya Yoga in Paramhansa Yogananda’s Autobiography of a Yogi. My father had given me his copy of the Autobiography when I was home on winter break, worried about my health—physically, mentally, and spiritually. I had … Read More

Spiritual Community

A Visit to Ananda Assisi

Summer of 2015, I made my first trip with a group of yoga teachers to Ananda Assisi, the city home to St. Francis. The experience that I had there is one that I will never forget. I remember as soon as I reached there, there was a slight chill and lightness in the air. We reached at night and were … Read More

Spiritual Community, Thank You, God

Joyful Freedom

On March 7, 2016, we celebrated the mahasamadhi of our Master. By the altar were relics given the community by Yogananda’s loving family, relics that included the esraj he played, a cane he used, rose petals that came from a garland he wore on his last birthday (January 5, 1952), and a pocket watch. “Master is here,” the minister said. … Read More

New Sri Yukteswar Website

Known as a stern and exacting teacher, Paramhansa Yogananda referred to Sri Yukteswar as a “gyanavatar” or “avatar of wisdom.” Sri Yukteswar was sent by Babaji, a great sage who roams the Himalayas, to train Paramhansa Yogananda for his mission in the West. We now have a website dedicated to Sri Yukteswar, which includes many stories of miracles he performed … Read More

Videos of Nayaswami Jyotish and Nayaswami Devi in India

Nayaswami Jyotish, successor of Swami Kriyananda, and his wife Nayaswami Devi have been visiting South India this February and have given several programs there. Here are videos of some of their talks. You can also see their schedule to watch their programs live online or visit in person.

Daily Life, Spiritual Community

Anniversary of Yogananda’s Mahasamadhi

Paramhansa Yogananda’s mahasamadhi — a yogi’s conscious exit from his body at death — was March 7, 1952. He said, “When I am gone, only love can take my place.” Read more at On This Day in the Life of Paramhansa Yogananda or read the complete story of his passing by Swami Kriyananda.