Guided Meditation in Nature
October 5, 2021
Nayaswami Susan leads you in a 12-minute guided meditation in the beautiful forest at Ananda Meditation Retreat.
More meditations in our free app: https://www.ananda.org/meditation/app/
Ananda Meditation is the only meditation app based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda. Learn how to meditate, practice ancient yogic techniques, and go deeper in the joy of your own Self.
- Start a new practice or inspire your current one
- Inspire your practice with guided meditations led by teachers at the Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation
- Learn techniques, ancient and new with lessons in meditation from long-time meditation instructors
- Pranayama lessons and techniques taught by Nayaswami Gyandev, a co-founder of the Yoga Alliance
- Visualizations and guided meditations from Swami Kriyananda, a direct disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda
- Use a timer to help you focus
- Create custom meditations and add chants, periods of silence, affirmations, and more
- Set reminders to strengthen your daily routine
- Save bandwidth by downloading meditations for offline viewing Guided meditations include focuses on:
- Inner balance
- Peace and joy
- Awakening the chakras
- Connecting to your divine power
Nayaswami Susan is a longtime meditator and teacher and lives at Ananda Village, California.
Nayaswami Susan McGinnis:
Hello everyone. We're here at Ananda Meditation Retreat, and we're going to do a little bit of chanting and a short meditation. The name of this chant is “Fill Me with The Sound of AUM."
Fill my body. Fill my spirit. Fill me with the sound of AUM. (Repeat several times.)
A Guided Visualization For Relaxing the Body
Let that chant fill your mind as you prepare for meditation, sitting upright, lengthening the spine. Taking a nice deep breath and lifting the chest. As you exhale, relax the shoulders down. placing the hands at the juncture of the thigh and abdomen behind closed eyes, lifting your gaze up to the point between the eyebrows, the seed of higher consciousness
Feel the breath in the belly and feel the belly expanding out with each inhalation and receding slightly with each exhalation. Let your breath be slow and full and relaxed, breathing in through the nostrils
Feel that with each breath you are filling your body, your mind, and your spirit with this AUM vibration, the vibration of creation. You’re filling every cell of your body, enlivening your thoughts bringing well-being, harmony, and health to your body and your emotions.
Now, letting go, consciously controlling the breath, allow the breath to come in and out through the nostrils at its own pace. Feeling perhaps the coolness as the breath comes in your nostrils and the relative warmth as it exhales. And feel the breath as the breath of all life which is simply moving through you, or feel it as the gentle ocean tide on a sunny day lapping up on the beach and then receding.
If thoughts come, just let them go, go back to the breath, and watch the breath as it comes in and out.
AUM, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Thank you for joining us for this short meditation.