If you have read all these articles and are interested in going deeper into your meditation practice and/or learning more about Ananda, here are a few next steps you can take:
1. Take an online meditation course.
This in-depth 9-week online meditation course is great for anyone who just beginning or who would like to strengthen their current meditation practice. It also includes other spiritual tools like Paramhansa Yogananda’s Energization Exercises. If you would like be initiated into Kriya Yoga, taking this class is the first step.
2. Read books or more articles on meditation.
Swami Kriyananda, Nayaswami Jyotish, and others have written many useful books and articles on nearly every spiritual subject including meditation techniques and other practices you can do outside of your meditation.
3. Sign up for some of our newsletters.
We have several different newsletters sent out by our different outreach ministries offering news and inspiration. You can choose which ones you would like to sign up for.
4. Read Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda (read free online). This is a must-read for any spiritual aspirant, whichever path they choose. In it Paramhansa Yogananda recounts his early life visiting many saints in India and his quest to bring yoga and original Christianity to the West. It was a favorite of Steve Jobs who read it every year, and at his memorial service they gave out 500 copies.
5. Sign up for an Ananda retreat or visit one of our centers.
Ananda has retreat centers in the United States, Italy, and India. We also have spiritual communities, centers, and meditation groups all over the world. We offer classes and retreats on meditation, yoga, and many other spiritual topics.