Overcoming Fear and Cooperative Communities
February 18, 2013
One way to overcome fear is to imagine the worst possible happening to you, and then accept it.
But what if it looks like the worst possible thing is going to happen? Cooperative communities are a great help in that way, and even more so in a spiritual way.
- How can one overcome fear?
- Swamiji, suppose that some disaster does come — what would be the right way to respond to that?
- There isn't some escapism in living in spiritual community — running away from the real world, let's say?
- Do people grow as much in an artificially created community as they do out in the "real world"?
- What ties these communities together — what keeps the group together?
- Does it require a particular set of skills to live in a community?
- How did you come to found these communities, Swamiji?