Seclusion Is the Price of Greatness
May 16, 2013
Most of us are imitations. It's only when you go deep within yourself that you can find out who you really are.
If you can take some time every day to be with God, to be alone, Swami Kriyananda says, then you begin to face what is in your life, not what is just froth.
- I read a quote of Paramhansa Yogananda; he said “Seclusion is the price of greatness.” What does that mean?
- If people are afraid to be alone, what advice can you offer them?
- How have you, Swami Kriyananda, practiced seclusion in your life?
- It seems that being in silence would make your speech more powerful, when you do speak — is that true?
- When you talk about seclusion, it sounds a bit austere. Is it enjoyable to do that?
- Did you have to start with seclusion gradually?
- You don't have be concerned about madness, or something? — people have all kinds of concerns about being alone.