Family Life Treasure Chest
Bringing Divine Light into Family Life
Please enjoy these free resources to enhance your spiritual family life.
By Paramhansa Yogananda:
By Swami Kriyananda
By Other Ananda Teachers
- The Peace and Harmony Prayer: A Powerful Tool for Healing Conflict, by Nayaswami Anandi Cornell
- Supporting Your Child’s Inner Life, By Narani (Toby) Moorhouse (one of Ananda’s most respected school teachers)
- “Ananda Experts” answer questions about family
- Education & Parenting Books from Crystal Clarity
By Mary Kretzmann
Healing Prayer Director, and Ananda devotee mother of three grown children:
- Finding God in Your Family (free book)
- When Does the Soul Enter the Body?
- Praying to Conceive a Spiritual Child
- Healing Prayers with Children
- 5-day “Advent” for Yogananda’s Birthday – January 1-5
Stories for Children of All Ages
- The Three Hermits, by Leo Tolstoy
- St Patrick and the Chieftain, by Lorna Knox
- Saint Valentine, By Timothy Kretzmann
- Stories of Christ for the Season of Easter, by Timothy and Mary Kretzmann
- Jewel In the Lotus A Play by Swami Kriyananda (video)
Music for Happy Days and Peaceful Nights
- AUM: Mantra of Eternity, By Swami Kriyananda – Many Ananda mothers have used this CD, softly played, to give their children restful and peaceful sleep.
- I Came from Joy! Music to Make Your Heart Sing! By Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters)
This movie highlights many of the wonderful things happening through Ananda around the world, including education and family. Ananda’s “How to Live” are prominently featured in the film. Mary Kretzmann and her grown children are also featured in the film, speaking of the power of growing up in a spiritually enriching home and community.
Finding Happiness: While visiting a spiritual community in northern California called Ananda (meaning “Joy”) an investigative journalist armed with a fair amount of skepticism and a dash of curiosity discovers that the key to finding happiness comes from within and that when you change, everything changes.
“A treasure — Very inspiring and so relevant.”
–Christiane Northrup, M.D.,
Ob/Gyn physician, author of the New York Times bestsellers
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause