How to Begin on the Spiritual Path
March 13, 2013
Spirituality begins when you start thinking: “What is true? How can I discover what life is all about?”
The goal of spirituality, Swami Kriyananda explains further, is to become free of the ego — and he talks about the ways to do so.
- Many people are interested in spirituality, but don’t know where to start. Do you have any advice for these people?
- Can you recommend any books?
- I’ve heard it said that “It is a blessing to be born into a religion but a misfortune to die in one.” What does that mean?
- If a seeker comes across a teacher, how can they know if he is a true teacher?
- What is the role of the guru?
- What qualities of the Higher Self are there? — So we can know when we are reaching it?
- What is the best way to pray?
- How can you overcome the ego?