I want to integrate my spiritual life with my "regular" life. What are some of the best techniques to do that. As of late, whenever I'm in conversation, eating, walking, etc. I've focused on my spiritual eye when doing those activities. Is this a good way to achieve my goal or is there something else that would be more beneficial?
Keeping your awareness at the spiritual eye throughout the day is a very dynamic and helpful approach to integrating a spiritual emphasis in your daily life.
Here are some other suggestions:
- Enjoy periods of silence throughout the day.
- Use an affirmation or an inspiring phrase, such as “I am peace”, or whatever inspires you personally and repeat during the day.
- Choose a quality for the day or week (such as peace, kindness, expansion, etc.) and let it be a conscious focus as much as possible.
- Consciously bless people whom you come into contact with during your day.
- Practice gratitude; be thankful of all that you have received.
- Consciously connect with photos of inspiring people.
- Be aware of your posture throughout the day; try not to slouch.
- Practice conscious breathing.
- Speak and listen consciously and attentively.
- Practice being even-minded and cheerful, amidst all circumstances.
- Smile – easily and often
Blessings on your spiritual journey.