Violent Behavior


How do i respond mentally and physically to my husband's violent behavior ?

—juhi, india


Dear Juhi,

Thank you for writing, but your letter does not give very much information. Is your husband’s violence directed toward you? If he is physically violent toward you, you should make plans to remove yourself from the marriage. I know this will not be easy. You will need help from others – perhaps your parents or family, but if he is actually hitting you or threatening to harm you, you should not be around him.

I’m afraid I need more information before I can say much more in answer to your question.

Bless you,