How do I attain quick success in meditation?
—Ganesh K., India
To receive quick (and ongoing) success you need to do the following:
- Make room for meditation in your life, setting aside regular times to meditate each day.
- Set aside a place, however small, that is for meditation only.
- Make your meditation times long enough, meditating at least 20 to 30 minutes at each sitting.
- Meditate twice a day, every day, without fail.
- Concentration. Concentrate completely on the technique you are using, letting go of each distracting thought as it comes in.
- Don’t move a muscle! When you first sit to meditate, resolve to sit completely still for the first five minutes. Doing this will allow you to sit for much longer without moving. This will also help in maintaining a deeper level of concentration.
- Meditate with joy and love and devotion, bringing these qualities into your meditation from the start rather than waiting for them to come to you.
- And then, be patient and know that meditation has become the polestar of your life, guiding you back to your home in God.
In divine friendship,