How long does it take for a beginner to see the light from the spiritual eye? Is he supposed to see it the day he starts meditating, or can it take some time?
Devotees vary in how soon or how easily they might see the spiritual eye during meditation. I have known people who have never meditated before who see the spiritual eye during their first meditation attempt. They wonder what it is that they are seeing. I have known many other long-time, deep, and devoted meditators who have never seen it.
The spiritual eye is part of everyone’s spiritual anatomy, whether or not they meditate, whether or not they see it. It is important that the meditator not measure his spiritual success by particular experiences in meditation that may or may not come. Such experiences come at the right time — God’s time — for the meditator.
Measure success in meditation by how your life is changing since you started meditation. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do I have an increased sense of peace or calmness or joy throughout the day?
- Do daily problems bother me less than they used to? Am I less attached to having things “my way”? Is it easier to flow with change?
- Do I feel a sense of purpose behind what I am given to do today?
Do I feel an increased connection and harmony with family, friends, and coworkers?
- Do I have a sense of connection to something higher?
- Do I have an increased flow of creativity that seems to come from a higher source?
Do I have increased vitality and energy?
- Am I starting to look forward to meditation? If I miss meditation do I notice the difference?
You might like to learn more about the spiritual eye and how to see it. There is a very nice article, The Complete Guide to the Spiritual Eye, on our website that gives lots of details.