Hi, I was wondering if there were any prayers by Guruji or Swamiji, that I could use in the following 3 cases..
1. I’m terrified of driving after a road accident a few years ago.., is there a prayer I can say before starting the engine to help protect us on the road?
2. A Bedtime prayer that can be used with Children? Not too short or banal.
3. And also a Morning Prayer that can be used with Children.
Thank You Very Much!
First, I am sorry to hear that you had a car accident a few years ago. I assume it was serious because it has had this lasting effect on you. Many of us here at Ananda Village say a prayer before starting the car, and especially before driving off of the Ananda land. Many of us also have a small picture of Paramhansa Yogananda in our cars.
There is no prescribed prayer for this, but before you drive, see yourself and your car surrounded in a halo of light. Pray to our line of Gurus, and ask that your trip be guided, protected and blessed. Also, it is good to do other things to strength your aura. Do you have an astrological bangle? They offer a protective power. You can read about them in Chapter 16 of Autobiography of Yogi. Prayer and devotion also strength the aura, but the bangle helps us even when we have momentarily forgotten God.
You also asked about children’s prayers. You will find these free resources to be helpful. Choose whichever prayers seem suitable for your child.
- Prayer Demands for Children
- Life’s Little Secrets
- Healing Prayers with Children
- Finding God in Your Family
You will also enjoy this section on Family Life Resources: A Treasure Chest of Books and More. It offer free books and articles that will help you at any stage of parenting.
God bless you,
Ananda Healing Prayer Ministry